Saturday, January 24, 2009

24th Jan

It has been a wacky week, especially since there was the international science forum for youths. well, there's no need to elaborate on this,right...

This week's assembly was highly controversial. Yes, I know it's unbelievable that our Hwa Chong assembly discussions will ever be anything interesting. After what happened on thursday, I was convince that we're living in a highly suppressed society, not permitting much freedom of speech. I hope I dont get into deep shit by saying this, but the thought of it all is irksome. We may be a school of distinction on the surface, but deep down, we are nothing but a bunch of scardy-cats who are afraid of airing their views. I know, it's the result of society. I know, some things cannot be said in the open. I know, it is always wrong to be radical and cynical, especially in our kind of society. I know, even if people make attempts to change things, things aren't going to change that easily. But I don't know why a student, so analytical and courageous, get scolded for stating his opinions. Maybe he wasnt being very objective. But well, nobody is objective. We all have our set of beliefs and opinions, for instance, different people believe in different religions. You can't just force a set of beliefs down someone's throat! Or punish them for not swallowing YOUR opinions!! It's supposed to be a democratic state, isnt it? Maybe not, maybe not... ...

Siheng wants to be the steeple king (which I think he will be) and...
she (you-konw-who) wants to be the sleeping king.
Haha. Their messages are so complementary. How adorable! LOL

0 comments: