Thursday, August 14, 2008

Bad Day

Everything has gone terribly wrong today. well, almost. But the good thing didnt turn out to be a good thing after all, if you get what i mean.

I started off the day horribly with a freaking sore throat. I thought this sore throat was unavoidable. Every swallow was pure torture. Every sip of water is like drinking poision. Every mouthful of food burns my throat. Every word I say feels like I have been strangled really hard. It's plain torture. It's more than pain.I can't do anything about it, except to pray that this is just temporary and hoping that my cough medicine will cure my sore throat problem. If only a miracle will happen.

I got B3 for Chemistry. Quite contented with my marks because it is finally not a 'C' grade. But it would gave been better if Kong just give me ever-so-precious half mark that will pull my grade up to an A2. It's the same as Biology. 24/30 for both subjects, just half more mark to A2. sigh.

Then SLim called for 3H3 to meet him at 11am. Of course, it couldnt be more than a nagging session. Unexpectedly, it turned out to be a roaring session. He repeated continuously that our class have regressed ever since term 1. Honestly, our class doesnt really have class spirit- we all work individually and there are also cliques in our class. The Aphelion people hang out together, then Ming-Joel-Ephraim, then the Pro-edians. We do not mix around with one another. The whole scolding session was mainly because of our dipping grades.

What made the whole scolding session worse was that SLim openly commended me (and Kah How) in the middle of the scolding. Like WTH, why couldnt he choose a better time to do that (if it is really that neccesary)? I feel extremely awkard and embarrassed (ironically) because I got praised when everyone else in the class got blasted. Oh god, I am extremely worried about things between me and my class. I was wondering whether they will think that I am arrogant and proud because of the history test incident. Guys, I really am not proud of it, and honestly speaking, I feel rather guilty for scoring such marks. I dont want people to misunderstand me as being a show-off or an arrogant asshole. really, I dont want to have poor relationships with my peers.

Now I know how hard it is to be modest. I also realise that being in the spotlight is not nice at all.

Soccer match for third placing was rather disappointing. We lost 5-2 to Siheng's team. I didnt play cos I was sick. Saw the looks on Lester's and Junyi's faces. Disappointment. Dejection. Dread. Why dread? Dread that more goals are bound to be scored against them. I am so sorry guys for falling sick. sorry. I admit I contributed very little to the team and any credit should go to the other members and not me.

This is an emo post, one that I have not written for some time. But today is a good day for reflection, since so many things have happened all within 24 hours. Hope dearly that tomorrow will be a better day.

Praying really hard.

0 comments: