Saturday, August 16, 2008

Suspense

Felt much, much better today. I even thought that I was fit enought to go sabah, which in any case, is not feasible. First of all, I am still pretty unsure of my own medical condition. Secondly, Mr Chewty and Ms HuangSJ have allocated me to a new sabbatical course, and how then could I possibly change my mind at the eleventh hour? It's totally out of the question, out of my hands too.

Okay, today was full of suspense.

Si Heng sms-ed me and said that he was sick too. Probably got the same illness as me. But his situation is worse off than mine because he realized that he was sick only this morning. So, he has very little time to make a decision on whether to go sabah or not. In the end, he obliged and decided to risk his health for the camp. I don't know whether this is a good decision but I pray that he come back in one piece, alive and kicking. So remember to take your medicine dude, if you want to survive at the camp. *Crossing my fingers really tight*

Next suspense of the day was when Michael Phelps battled for his 7th olympic gold medal. how amazingly unsurprising. He won by a hundreth of a second. brilliant. "absolutely brilliant" was the only thing the commentator could say. his arm movement was so fast that he managed to touch the wall before Milorad Cavic could reach the end. Phelp's gold medal was not as convincing though, because his victory in 100m butterfly was the result of a mixture of luck and skill.

Third suspense. Played Call of Duty 3 on PS2. kept dying and couldn't seem to find a way out. Squandered about 2 hours. damn it. but the game was a hell lot of fun.

Fourth suspense. Usain Bolt won the 100m Men's final. 9.69 sec. World record. And the guy's only 21 years old. what can i say? easy race for him, no fight from any of his opponents, not even Powell (got fifth I think) or Tyson Gay (didnt even qualify for finals). He still has a lot to show the world that's for sure.

Final suspense. "A girl". On Yu Song's tagboard. knows who she is. ask yu song for her name to confirm. he did not oblige. but he said "she is a brilliant athlete". how did he know who she is? God, I just wasted like 30 secs of my life typing this (not-so-useful) paragraph. No offense (varies on different people).

Damn. I want to go sabah so badly.

0 comments: