Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Nastia Liukin / Sabbatical

First and foremost: Nastia Liukin
She's brilliant. An Olympic silver for Uneven Bars. Just too good.
Wait, watch this youtube video first (take note of what happened at 1:58)
And remember to unmute your speakers

The clip lasts only for 4 minutes.


DID YOU SEE THAT?! Apart from her incomparable elegance and utmost graciousness, she is tremendously intelligent and quick and smart and resilient. Surely no one can argue that. Even when she lost her balance and was so close to falling off the beam, Nastia thought so quickly and turned the imbalance into an aesthetic move. Perhaps that was a precaution prepared long before but still, it was quick reflexes. Look at her! Look at her actions! One word: Wow. A champion in the making (or has already been made).

It's set then. I'm staying in Singapore for good. Sigh. The sabbatical week was really cool, at least for the first two days. The course is about war films and you've guessed it right, we do nothing else but watching war films and of course, discuss them. The movies were fantastic and the discussions were reasonably hmmmmm....fun. I enjoy this course a lot. Really. It's really interesting.

Come to think of it, it's all fate that I am not going to Sabah. See, first of all, I thought I was disappointed in withdrawing from the OBS trip, but I know that I was heaving a sigh of relief at the back of my heart. Secondly, the sabbatical course I chose highly appealed to me, though I initially didnt have any idea or confidence in my choice. But two days have passed, and I'm enjoying every single bit of the course. Thirdly, before I fell sick and transformed into a zombie last week, I was pretty much worried about my HRP after I heard from some people that the deadline is on 25th August, one day after OBS. What I felt was apprehension, worry and uncertainty. So to speak, I thought going for OBS would screw my grades. Most important of all, because I was sick, that's why I know of a US gymnast with the name of Nastia Liukin. I shan't elaborate on this (have already separated a section for her). Then I fell sick, I guess the virus was passed on to me by someone living on the same level as me (have no idea who that is course people were already sick when we checked in).

All of these link! BUT it is not to say that I fell sick on purpose. It's just that I was trying to understand the dilemma I face. Maybe I wished too much. Maybe I got what I wished for. Maybe it's all fate. Damn it. Maybe if there is no "maybe" I may be in Sabah now. Just one quote for today:

"You may get what you wished for"

Notice there's a good and bad side in this quote.

that's all. tata

0 comments: